Wednesday, September 15, 2010

$50, no $40 Craig's List Find

Been lookin' and had friends lookin' for a piece of furniture. I knew in my head what I wanted, but couldn't find exactly what I wanted. Tori called me and told me about this one on Craig's List. It was posted for $50, and I asked if they would take $30. I misunderstood and thought she said ok, but when I got there it was $40. Still a good deal I thought. Jenny, Mom, and Dad went with me to pick it up. This is what it started out as. I sanded, and sanded, and sanded... lots of time--little progress. All along Mom told me to just get some stripper, and I just knew sanding would work. Well, sanding would have worked after about 6 months of it--so I went and got some stripper.
Partially stripped.
Fully stripped after an entire bottle and a days work.
Painted it turquoise--too much!!
Put a little brown glaze over it--too hunter green looking.
Splashed a little more turquoise on it and it was just right! The space still needs a little work, but it's getting there!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally going to copy your idea!!! I have a piece of furniture that I haven't figured out what to do with yet! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete